Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Reigning Real from your Throne: Part II


Reigning Real: Part Two: Receive His Resources
Written by Carol Van Atta


But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation. His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. (1 Peter 2:9 NKJV)

As Jesus’ beloved, you have received the following:


Resources: "All that belongs to the Father is mine…the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you." John 16:15 (NIV)

In the last article, we discovered a Princess who had just realized there is a whole lot more to reigning real than looking pretty. Serving the King of Kings is a position available to each and every woman who walks this planet. For this all-powerful King has more than enough crowns, and love, to go around. He seeks imperfect women, women like you and me, to rule and reign for eternity as His Princess Warriors. Jesus has made certain that we are provided with everything we need to live successfully in this often confusing and sometimes very wicked world.

As His daughters, we have been given all the required resources to walk boldly, with integrity and confidence, as godly royalty. We can reign real from our God-given thrones.

Does it sound too good to be true?


Depending on the day, the hour, even the minute…our answers will vary. When life is proceeding as we desire, it’s much easier to claim our royal heritage. We tend to base our identity on our feelings, which is a big mistake. The Bible tells us that our hearts are deceitful above all other things. In other words, we can easily be led astray by our fickle emotions.


As a writer, I am always more than a little pleased when my words are published for others to read. However, writers have one thing in common besides their love of the written word — rejection. Yes, rejection. Just the other day, I saw the envelope —an envelope with a return address that I immediately recognized. A certain publisher had responded to my newest book-proposal. I took a deep breath, attempting to calm my heart that was now beating like a stampede of wild-horse-hooves pounding across the desert. Opening the letter, ever so carefully, my eyes feasted on the bold print: Sorry, but your project is not right for us…


That stampede of horses skidded to a halt, and I thought I might go into cardiac arrest. Disappointment and a barrage of negative thoughts clouded my vision, and immediately affected my state of being. I went from knowing I was a Princess Warrior to thinking maybe my King had forgotten I existed. I’ve had rejections before, and I’ve been honored to have my work published on a number of occasions. Yet, in this moment, I’d fallen into a deadly trap that the enemy of my soul had so diligently prepared. I allowed my feelings to determine my worth. My identity, for those few minutes, was not based on what God my King says about me, but instead on my lying emotions.


In order to have a fruitful reign, we must be continually reminded of who God created us to be, and what He planned for us to do. Will we experience rejection? Undoubtedly, we will, on more than a few occasions. Our goal is to stand steadfast in the truth of who we are. There is a war raging around us, and an enemy who wants us to give up, lay down our swords, and toss away our crowns. Thankfully, our King has provided us with heavenly resources. The Holy Spirit will make these resources known to us in a variety of ways.


There is a treasure chest of gems and jewels available to every royal daughter. It is up to us to open the chest … His Word. The Holy Bible is our primary resource. The treasures we will discover within its pages are just what we need to stand in victory.


No matter what your circumstances might be, no matter what rejection you have experienced, God’s Word explains that He will never reject those who follow Him. He promises to never leave or forsake His chosen ones. That means us! When we accepted Christ as our Savior and Redeemer, we were welcomed into an eternal Kingdom where our God and King will rule and reign for eternity with us by His side. When we can grasp that amazing truth, our whole outlook on life will change.


Yes, there are battles we may lose, rejections we will experience, and pain that seems unbearable, but, if we utilize the resources He so generously provides, we will overcome.
Consider Paul. He was locked in a filthy Roman prison. Beaten and shackled, this ancient warrior sang songs of praise to his King. In spite of the pain and rejection that he experienced on a regular basis, he continued to use the resources available to him. Praise and worship in the midst of trials and temptations showed others that he never forgot who He was in Christ.



Rahab, a prostitute who probably felt degraded, ashamed, and rejected, overcame her feelings and trusted the spies who she’d hidden in her home. She trusted that their Hebrew God would rescue her and her family from destruction. Mary, a young virgin girl, chosen to be the bearer of our Lord in the flesh, risked rejection, even death, by embracing God’s purpose for her life. The list goes on and on. Other men and women, fallible just like us, embraced their royal heritage and trusted in the resources provided by their King.


You may face horrendous trials today. Your marriage may be shaky, your kids out of control, your job unfulfilling, your body sick, but if belong to the Royal Court of Christ; there are supernatural resources available to you in every situation. Sometimes the best we can do is cling to who our King is and what His promises say. We may feel so rejected that we’ve accepted the lies our enemy has strategically fired our way. It’s time to raise the Shield of Faith and fight back. God’s Will and His Way will prevail … always. Your life may not make sense now, but God will take everything that the devil intends for evil and destruction, and He will somehow, someway, someday, turn it around for His good and glory.


If you’ve forgotten, or still don’t understand who you are as a Princess Warrior, as a daughter of the Most High King, please read the following truths aloud. God’s Word is our greatest resource. It is our Sword. The Sword of His Spirit. The Sword of Truth. Speak it. Believe it. Live it. No matter what you might be feeling in this moment … you are created for good things. Remember, you belong on a Throne. So, go ahead, reign real … one step and one prayer at a time. God will do the rest.


Who you are in Christ:


I am God’s Child (John 1:12)
I am Christ’s friend (John 15:15)
I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
I am united with the Lord, and I am one Spirit with Him. (I Corinthians 6:17)
I have been bought with a price. I belong to God. (I Corinthians 6: 19, 20)
I am a member of Christ’s Body. (I Corinthians 12:27)
I am a Saint. (Ephesians 1:1)
I have been adopted as God’s child. (Ephesians 1:5)
I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 2:18)
I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins. (Colossians 1:14)
I am complete in Christ. (Colossians 2:10)
I am free forever from condemnation. (Romans: 8:1, 2)
I am assured that all things work together for good. (Romans: 8:28)
I am free from all condemnation. (Romans 8:31)
I cannot be separated from the love of God. (Romans 8:35)
I have been established, anointed, and sealed by God. (2 Cor. 1: 21, 22)
I am hidden with Christ in God. (Col. 3:3)
I am confident that the good work that God has begun in me will be perfected. (Phil. 1:6)
I am a citizen of Heaven. (Phil. 3:20)
I have not been given a spirit of fear of but of power and a sound mind. (2 Tim. 1:7)
I can find grace and mercy in a time of need. (Hebrews 4:16)
Don't forget to visit my other Blog, too: http://princesswarrior.bravejournal.com/

No comments: