Saturday, September 15, 2012

Soul Defenders: Now Available in Paperback!


I am so pleased (thrilled) to announce that Soul Defenders is now available in paperback. I'll share the link in a moment. 

First I want to share with you about the power of a story. The Bible is filled with stories, stories about people, people like us, people who make mistakes and fall short of God's glory. Thankfully, these same people find mercy and love in the Savior, our Savior, Jesus Christ. Through fiction, although its fiction, spiritual truths can be found, especially if that is the intent of the author, which indeed was my intent. Nuggets of truth are often buried in the words of a story, treasure waiting to be found by the reader. I know I've found my fair share of jewels between the pages of a book. In fact, as a new believer, I read a great deal of Christian and inspirational fiction. I found myself eager to see what The Word had to say about what I was reading. I was drawn closer to our King through the stories authors were faithful to write.

I, too, wanted to reach wounded warriors and our yet-to-be embraced friends, who do not yet know our Savior, through my writing. That's why the following comment on Facebook touched my heart. This is a gal who  I mentor. She has no consistent spiritual upbringing, and has never really wanted to talk about Christ with me. I gifted her this book for her Kindle Fire, knowing she loves to read. Here's what she said: "YYYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!! Read soul defenders. it is awesome and defintely inspiring. I prayed after i read it."

That's how God can use our stories, even fiction, to touch others and change hearts. I'm looking forward to my next meeting with this lovely sixteen-year old girl who God's placed in my life. We'll have a lot to talk about. 

If you have someone, maybe addicted to drugs, or who has run to the arms of our enemy for fulfillment, consider sharing this book. I believe it can make a difference. Do you have a book or books that touched your heart? - please share in the comment section. Just as important, do you have a story to tell? Maybe it is time for you to tell it too. 

Click on the link below to purchase a trade paperback copy of Soul Defenders

http://www.amazon.com/Soul-Defenders-Black-Orchids-1/dp/1479246964/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1347692552&sr=1-4&keywords=soul+defenders


No comments: