Sunday, January 11, 2009

Are you keeping up on confession?


Greetings Princess Warriors!

Are you as close to God as you'd like? Do you feel connected to Him? Or is a seemingly insurmountable wall keeping you from drawing closer to your King?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you may want to make sure that you are "current" with confession.

Let me explain! So often, we hurry through our lives and on some days we fail to confess our sins to Him. If too many days add up, the Holy Spirit prompts us to get busy and get confessing. Imagine if you failed to brush your teeth. After a few days, your mouth would feel more than a little disgusting and gross. You'd hopefully get busy brushing. So it is with sin, but on a much more serious level. When we fail to awknowledge and release our mishaps to God, we start to feel guilty and out-of-balance. Our enemy, the devil, is quick to shoot his fiery darts our way when we fail to let go of our secrets.

For some of us, we have secrets we've held on to for months, years, even decades. Like a splinter buried beneath your flesh, these secrets will fester if left unattended and unremoved.

God's Word gives us example after example of men and women who have confessed their sin and returned to right standing with their King. Jesus Christ sacrificed His life in order for us to be free from sin and death. Yet, for some reason, we still cling to sour emotions and sinful secrets, refusing to release them into our Savior's capable hands. Believe me, I've done this more than once. (More than a few times)

Sisters, please don't wait another moment. Turn to God and share everything with HIm. After all, His Word says the following:

If we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong. 1 John 1:9

People who cover over their sins will not prosper. But if they confess and forsake them, they will receive mercy. Proverbs 28:13

Oh, what joy for those whose rebellion is forgiven, whose sin is put out of sight! Yes, what joy for those whose record the LORD has cleared of sin, whose lives are lived in complete honesty!

When I refused to confess my sin, I was weak and miserable, and I groaned all day long. Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat.

Finally I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide them. I said to myself, "I will confess my rebellion to the LORD ." And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.

Therefore, let all the godly confess their rebellion to you while there is time, that they may not drown in the floodwaters of judgment. Psalm 32:1-6

No comments: