Friday, April 4, 2014

It's Time to Begin Anew


Precious Princess Warriors, it has been a very challenging couple of years. My mom was diagnosed with Parkinson's and Lewy Body Dementia. We did everything possible to keep her in our home. However, eventually, due to her obsessive need to go out the front door, and I mean obsessive, we made the heart wrenching decision to transfer to a nearby memory care program. She is doing as well as can be expected. In addition, I lost my "day job" of six years, and struggled with chronic pain and exhaustion related to Fibromyalgia. Let's just say it's been a tough two years that have challenged my faith, my warrior heart, and my desire to serve. I discovered the desolation of desert living and spent time wandering in circles, stuck in my pain, and lost in questioning thoughts.

I did very little ministry outreach, and spoke only at events where the planners found me, no longer reaching out to 'promote' my ministry or offer my services. But little by little, as I clung to my Princess Warrior identity, and who God was, is, and always will be, I began to smile again. He is always good regardless of our circumstances. He works together for our good even through tragedy. He loves us despite our mistrust and misgivings. He forgives and forgets our transgressions. He gives us hope for better tomorrows. 

My better tomorrow's have come. I believe that and hang onto that statement through the trials and tribulations that are part of everyone's life on this fallen planet. Until we celebrate together in our heavenly home, tears will continue to be a very real part of our lives, but so will smiles, laughter, and times of joy. 

If you're new, I'd like to welcome your to my website/blog, if you've stopped by before, welcome back. Here we reign real. We lay it on the line. We're women who love God in all our imperfections and weaknesses. Together we learn to depend on our King, and support one another with his love, encouraging all women to embrace their identities as His Royal Daughters. I'm back. I'm speaking. Sharing. Praying. And ready to once again encourage you. I hope if you've visited over the past two years you have enjoyed your times here and have been touched and moved to draw closer to Jesus through my older posts. 

Now it's time for the new. 

I am committing to share with you at a minimum of once a week, likely more. But learning not to over commit is just one of my recent lessons. So I'll start small and dream big! I will also be updating the sections on the site that were left empty and waiting. And I encourage you to share you prayer requests, encouragements, lessons, and comments on the "prayer page." 

I'm expecting God to move in BIG Ways as we come together, as His Princess Warriors. I'm finally working on the book that was waiting for me to finish. I'll leave you with the cover art. I hope it inspires you and reminds you of His beauty. I can't give you a release date just yet, but it is coming. 

Remembers, sisters, with Him and through Him, all things are possible. 

No comments: